There are several ways of giving advice but I will put the most common and useful.
Use this to give light suggestions or advices
I want to travel to an interesting place.
- Why don't you go to Cusco.
I need to buy a good and cheap car
- Why don't you buy a Toyota
My wife always treats me bad
- If I were you I would divorce her.
I have a Visa for the USA but I like my country
- If I were you, I would travel to USA and make money.
Should / ought to We use these when our advice is light and not strong.
I feel tired
- You should go to bed,
I do not understand English
- You should study online at estudiaingles.blogspot.com.
Maria does not love Fernando
- She should tell me what she feels.
ought to (S+ ought to + verb + complement)
I got a 70% on my test
- You ought to start studying more.
I am getting fat.
- You ought to eat less.
I need money.
-Well, you ought to find a job.
* should es mas usado que ought to
I am bleeding.
- You must go to the hospital now.
I have lung problems
- You have to quit smoking
The bank sent me a letter and they might take my house
- You must pay the bank
I am driving without a license
- You have to get one before a police stops you